November is synonymous with many observances, one of my favourite’s is the celebration of World’s Children’s Day. Lesley from WordsofA Reader inspired me to dedicate the month of November in reading stories for children. I love children stories so it was an easy, simple and fun event to delve in Children’ Literature.
This year all the books I read were first times readings and some of the stories were film adaptations that I saw previously always murmuring that I need to read the books. I am so happy that I finally read these:
1. Jungle Book 1 by Rudyard Kipling
2. Jungle Book 2 by Rudyard Kipling
3. Pollyana by Eleanor H Porter
4. The Railways Children by E. Nesbit
5. Little House on the Prairie- Book 2
6. The Happy Hollisters and the Scarecrow Mystery (Happy Hollisters, #14)by Jerry West
My favourite read is Pollyana because it is a story that I am sure makes the darkest heart bright and the saddest frown smile. Pollyana is certainly one of the most infectious characters I have read.
My least favoured book is Jungle Book 1 due to the writing style of the author splitting up Mogwli stories with other Jungle animals. I rather if all Mogwli stories were grouped together followed by the other Jungle animals. In addition, the other Jungle stories were not all interesting.