I LOVE the High School Musical movies and I just cannot believe I have not done a book tag in its honour. I came across two such book tags on YouTube, one in English and one in Spanish who both claim originality.
Let us get into it:
1. The Start of Something New – A new favourite genre/author/series
Price of Privilege Trilogy by Jessica Dotta. I fell for the first book and finally have in my possession book two which I am excited to read.
2. What I’ve Been Looking For – A book that has everything you’ve ever wanted
The Outrageous Dowager by Sara Westleigh has historical aspect, romance, humour, bit of mystery- all in all some of my most favourite things in books.
3. Fabulous – A book with the biggest diva
Crystal Clark in No Place For a Lady by Maggie Brendan. Urghh! She is so moody, irrational with a wrong and strong attitude, flinging scripture to suit herself.
4. Status Quo – A stereotype defying character
Tess O’Connor in Westward Winds defies the norm of the time that since she is from a wealthy background she should marry and settle down with one of the wealthy gentleman in the area. However, all her suitors bore her and Tess wants to go far away from home on an adventure. Thus, she heads out to the West on her home, slipping away from home without anyone’s knowledge.
5. Boys Are Back – The best bromance
Mr. Darcy and Mr. Bingley in Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. The two seem to look upon each other for many reasons. When Mr. Darcy felt that Jane’s family actions seem inappropriate for his friend to court Jane, he influenced Mr. Bingley to exit earlier from his rented house. Mr. Bingley also seemed to rely on Mr. Darcy for guidance as well.
6. What Time is it? – Your favourite summer read
I do not have a favourite book for summer but I do believe My Girl by Patricia Hermes is a great read for all ages.
7. Everyday – If you had to look at one book cover every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?
8. Just Wanna be with you – A book you couldn’t put down
9. Scream – A character that frustrated you
Niall MacLauren in Tougher Than The Rest by Shirleen Davies. He is an “unmitigated ass”
10. High School Musical – Your favourite fictional school
I love boarding school stories as a girl and still do as an adult. One of particular interest is Malory Towers by Enid Blyton.
11. Humuhumunukuapua’a – The most ridiculous book/scene/character you have ever read
Lady Olivia is just ridiculous young woman who does not bathe, wears all the colours of the rainbow at the same time and I will not forget that scene where she was dressed so absurd, her boobs fell out and she was nonchalant about the situation.
12. Spring Musical Medley – The happiest ending
After the ups and downs