It’s time for another Classics Spin!
What is the spin?
It’s easy. At your blog, before next Friday, November 17th, create a post to list your choice of any twenty books that remain “to be read” on your Classics Club list.
This is your Spin List. You have to read one of these twenty books by the end of the year (details to follow). Try to challenge yourself. For example, you could list five Classics Club books you are dreading/hesitant to read, five you can’t WAIT to read, five you are neutral about, and five free choice (favorite author, re-reads, ancients — whatever you choose.)
On Friday, November 17th, we’ll post a number from 1 through 20. The challenge is to read whatever book falls under that number on your Spin List, by December 31, 2017. We’ll check in here in January to see who made it the whole way and finished their spin book!
My Book Spin List for the Classics Club
1. The Lord of the Rings, JRR Tolkien
2. Nineteen Eighty-Four, George Orwell
3. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, CS Lewis
4. A Tale Of Two Cities, Charles Dickens
5. Cold Comfort Farm, Stella Gibbons
6. The Catcher in the Rye, JD Salinger
7. The Woman In White, Wilkie Collins
8. War and Peace, Leo Tolstoy
9. Gone with the Wind, Margaret Mitchell
10. The Hobbit, JRR Tolkien
11. Middlemarch, George Eliot
12. The Grapes Of Wrath, John Steinbeck
13. The Magic Faraway Tree, Enid Blyton
14. Crime And Punishment, Fyodor Dostoyevsky
15. The Pillars Of The Earth, Ken Follett
16. David Copperfield, Charles Dickens
17. The Count Of Monte Cristo, Alexandre Dumas
18. Animal Farm, George Orwell
19. Far From The Madding Crowd, Thomas Hardy
20. Anna Karenina, Leo Tolstoy