Let us dive into it:
1. What book is on your nightstand now?
Gerrard: My Autobiography by Steven Gerrard
2. What was the last truly great book that you read?
The Beautyful Ones Are Not Yet Born by Ayi Kwei Armah
3. If you could meet any writer – dead or alive – who would it be? And what would you want to know?
Jane Austen. I want to know everything, the conversation would take so long :).
4. What books might we be surprised to find on your shelves?
I do not read hard-core Sci- Fi but I have two or three some place on my shelf. Those were hard reads.
5. How do you organise your personal library?
According to Genre.
6. What book have you always meant to read and haven’t got round to yet? Anything you feel embarrassed never to have read?
The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot from since 2013. Sigh
7. Disappointing, over-rated, just not good: what book did you feel you were supposed to like but didn’t? Do you remember the last book you put down without finishing?
The Raven and other poems by Edgar Allan Poe. What in the name are people so fascinated with in regards to this set of Poe’s poetry. Why? The writing is flat.
8. What kinds of stories are you drawn to? Any you stay clear of?
I am drawn to stories with adventure, mystery and romance with a historical setting. I stay clear of horror, withcraft and anything along those lines
9. If you could require the president to read one book, what would it be?
I am sure the books I would recommend he has read all or similar books based on his background and his speeches.
10. What do you plan to read next?
Finish reading Bleak House by Charles Dickens