1.The Little Mermaid – a character that is out of their element, a “fish out of water”
The Ugly Duckling by Hans Christian Andersen
The first character which jumped to my mind is the swan from the Ugly Duckling, well before he became a beautiful swan. Everyone rejected him, he did not fit with any group neither his family nor anyone else in the pond.
2. Cinderella – a character who goes through a major transformation
To Die Once By Miranda Uyeh
In this novel Rodrigo went through both a physical [plastic surgery] and spiritual transformation [believing in God].
3. Snow White – a book with an eclectic cast of characters
With Autumn’s Return (Westward Winds #3) by Amanda Cabot
In the story we have doctors, lawyers, adult workers, farmers, seamstresses, shopkeepers, mothers, married couples, single people, gold diggers, murderers, orphan
4. Sleeping Beauty – a book that put you to sleep
A Christmas Carol
Simple: It was boring for me. A severely overrated book
5. The Lion King – a character who had something traumatic happen to them in childhood
Daddy’s Little Matchmaker by Roz Denny Fox
Louemma loses her mother and became paralyzed as a result of an accident. Later, she meets a weaver who helps her overcomes the psychological effects of that day to begin her road to recovery.
6. Beauty and the Beast – a beast of a book (a big book) that you were intimidated by, but found the story to be beautiful
Roots: The Saga of an American Family by Alex Haley
The story follows a man [Kunta Kinte] captured in West Africa becoming an enslaved in Colonial America. It traces his growth into adulthood on a plantation with his wife and child, separation etc. Later his descendant goes back to West Africa to trace his great great great pa roots.
7. Aladdin – a character who gets their wish granted, for better or for worse
Last Shot: A Final Four Mystery (The Sports Beat #1) by John Feinstein
Steven and Carol dreams as sports journalist came at an early teenage age because of a competition but when they get to cover the Championship there is a mystery of blackmailing and bribing to solve.
8. Mulan – a character who pretends to be something or someone they are not
Something Borrowed (Darcy & Rachel #1) by Emily Giffin
Rachel is not the sweet nature girl who her best friend Darcy think she is because of the two-sided things she is doing behind her BFF back but then Darcy is an ass as well.
9. Toy Story – a book with characters you wish would come to life
I cannot think of any book because everyone I think of even if I love most of the characters, the story they come with it would be best to leave them in another realm.
10. Disney Descendants – your favorite villain or morally ambiguous character
Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë
I do not have a favourite villian but I like Heathcliff!